Product Data Sheet
NZ Safety Data Sheet
Australia Safety Data Sheet
Chem~Bar™3500 Primer is a single pack steel primer designed for use in industrial and marine applications.
For atmospheric exposures, Chem~Bar 3500™Primer is normally topcoated with Chem~Bar 900™Finish.
Chem~Bar 3500™Primer may be:
- Applied directly over steel or over zinc primers such as Carbozinc® 859 EZ2, Carbozinc® 858, Zinkex 100 or Carbozinc® 11.
- Used on substrates other than steel, (consult Altex Coatings for specific recommendations.)
Chem~Bar 3500™Primer is used in the commercial marine sector as a:
- barrier/seal coat over aged or incompatible/unknown antifoulings
- as a tie coat over suitably prepared, aged epoxy coatings prior to application of the selected Sea~Barrier® antifouling
- sealant to assist in the prevention of TBT leaching from an underlying antifouling coating - provided it is applied at a minimum dry film thickness of 80 microns (minimum 2 coats by roller).
It is normally overcoated with Sea~Barrier® 1000, 3000 or Sea~Barrier® Alloy 100 PLUS Anti-fouling.